April 3, 2012 - Primary Election
November 6, 2012 GENERAL ELECTION & LOCAL ELECTION
You are eligible to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are legally registered to vote in Texas;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search go to http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/reqvr.shtml
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Or you can register by mail by obtaining an application from your county Voter Registrar’s office or the Secretary of State’s office. You can also pick up applications at libraries, government offices, or high schools.
Also you can visit http://www.votexas.org/index.html for detailed information.